A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 360 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
We are seeking an experienced Communications Manager to join our Corporate Marketing and Communications team. Reporting to our CEO and working with a variety of teams across the business, you will play a critical role in communicating MDPI’s values, collaborating with our communications and content specialists, overseeing corporate campaigns, focused on shaping the company’s corporate communication strategy, engaging with stakeholders, and upholding the company’s reputation.
You will be accountable for overseeing and implementing the corporate communication strategy across corporate communications, and eventually company wide. You will also enjoy the freedom to pitch and develop your own ideas to support the corporate brand, whether it is developing content strategy or strategic insights for quality improvement.
This is very much a hands-on role, working with in-house communications and content team, collaborating with various teams including marketing, public relations and scientific department. You must be experienced in such a role, confident, creative and comfortable with all aspects of corporate communications from content planning to stakeholder engagement to brand communication and team management.
Your skill set:
- University degree in marketing, communications, social sciences, or similar.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience of corporate communications, including content strategy, creation, and supporting a range of communications projects (internal, external, and PR).
- Minimum of 3 years team leadership experience.
- Expert understanding of brand, communication, and marketing principles. Proven track record of delivering successful and strategic internal and external corporate communications strategies based on evidence and insight that ensures a consistent and positive representation of brand and supports business outcomes.
- Excellent English language skills (written and spoken), other language skills are beneficial.
- Good organizational, analytical and prioritization skills.
- Interest in science and science communications.
- Experience in corporate brand campaign management.
- Demonstrated experience in proactively sourcing, creating and managing a range of various content types, including news and announcements, press releases, blog-posts, and other updates, ensuring they are clear, engaging and accessible.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively collaborate with teams across a global organization to ensure consistent brand and messaging.
- Ability to support and contribute to the team’s effectiveness and continuous improvement with experience in evaluating and acting on team performance and impact, sharing learnings and implementing recommendations for future activities.
- Experienced in the development and implementation of strategies to engage with the academic and scientific community
- Experience in international communications or work with a global audience.
- Experience in structuring teams, incorporating change management principles.
- Experience in managing budgets related to corporate communications.
- Experience in leveraging content for marketing purposes and collaborate on content marketing campaigns.
- Ability to utilize research and insights to tailor communication strategies to the academic community's changing needs.
- Knowledge of the scholarly publishing landscape.
- Established network of relevant media outlets and stakeholders.
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your complete application. Please submit your cover letter and CV. We look forward to welcoming you to our Basel office.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms: