To strengthen our Team AI and the Technology Innovation department, we are looking for a Senior Data Scientist. The position of Senior Data Scientist (NLP/GraphML) is a full-time and permanent position based in our office in Basel, Switzerland.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be responsible for developing, experimenting and creating machine learning, statistics and cutting-edge mathematical algorithms for various applications with a focus on Graph Machine Learning (GraphML), Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Recommender Systems.
You will be also supporting the Data Analytics team to analyse business data and deploy Business Dashboards as a support to the management.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Supporting the AI team to develop applications in the area of GraphML and NLP
- Developing, optimising and evaluating new Machine Learning and Statistical models
- Finding new approaches and algorithms that solve specific business problems
- Representing the company in e.g. attending conferences, writing scientific articles
- Investigating and comparing research prototypes
- Supervising Master/ Ph.D. students when there are trainees in the team
- Master or PhD degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or Physics
- 5+ years in the Data Science field having developed and put into production machine learning applications
- Experience in applying and implementing Graph Machine Learning
- Theoretical and technical knowledge of machine learning and deep learning algorithms
- Proficiency in Python, including statistical and machine learning libraries (other languages are a plus, e.g. R)
- Experience with Deep Learning development framework (Pytorch, TensorFlow) is beneficial
- Experience in developing NLP models is beneficial
- Experience with LLMs is beneficial
- Ability to create dashboards using Streamlit or Shiny is beneficial
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate, document, share and pursue ideas and results to technical and non-technical audiences (fluency in English is a must)
- Creative team player with a results-oriented mindset
- Analytical thinking
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving:
- A motivational letter that briefly describes your motivations for joining MDPI
- A resume including personal information, past education, work experience
- If available: reference letters and certificates.
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 400 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 66,000 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Switzerland with additional offices in Europe, Asia and North America. We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms: