We are looking for an Administrative Assistant (Working student) who could support the Societies and Acquisition team with administrative and other tasks related to the department.
The position of Administrative Assistant (Working student) is a part time (40%) position for a student currently pursuing a university degree and based in our city center office in Basel, Switzerland.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Make sure that the internal database for societies and acquisition is up to date
- Set up system accounts for societies affiliated with the journals
- Provide feedback to society members enquiring about the discount policy for their society
- Investigate societies suggested by Managing Editors, Journal Relation Specialists or other colleagues, and guide them towards the best outreach approach
- Investigate journals that are potentially interesting for take-over and/or acquisition, and provide further information
- Keep track of all the team activities in order to complete the monthly reports
- Draft preliminary agreements and amendments using existing templates
- Make sure that all the contracts and documents are correctly stored and well-organized
- Support the team in updating documents, guidelines and information related to societies on the website
- Support the team with marketing activities
- Support the team with other tasks as needed and befitting the Administrative Assistant’s skills and experience
- Student, currently pursuing a university degree in communication or another relevant field
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Detail-oriented with the capacity to see the big picture
- Fluent in English, both written and spoken
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to collaborate between multiple departments and stakeholders
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving:
- A motivational letter that briefly describes your motivations for joining MDPI
- A resume including personal information, past & current education,
- If available: reference letters and certificates.
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 400 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 66,000 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Switzerland with additional offices in Europe, Asia and North America. We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms: