To support our constant growth, we are looking for an enthusiastic Linux System Administrator to join our IT System Administration team. In this role, you will ensure day-to-day administration of our core internal systems. You will join a fast-paced team driving in an international environment.
The position of Linux System Administrator is a full-time and permanent position based in our city center office in Basel, Switzerland.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Planning, installing and maintaining Linux servers in accordance with operational and project requirements
- Monitoring, controlling and optimizing servers
- Standardizing, automating and establishing best practices for Linux installation and management
- Maintaining and improving the existing backup system
- Supporting redundancy planning and implementation
- Taking care of the administration of network components like firewalls, routers and switches
- Degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering
- At least 3+ years of experience with Linux System Administration / Ubuntu servers
- Strong written and spoken English skills
- Programming and automation skills are an advantage (Bash, Ansible, and others)
- Good understanding of networks, network hardware and network security
- Experience with IT security: backups, data protection, etc. is a plus
- Detail oriented with the capacity to see the big picture
- Team player with the capability to work in a dynamic, international environment, and excellent interpersonal skills
- Able to think outside the box to identify and solve problems whilst developing creative and innovative solutions
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving:
- A motivational letter that briefly describes your motivations for joining MDPI
- A resume including personal information, past education, work experience
- If available: reference letters and certificates.
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 400 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 66,000 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Switzerland with additional offices in Europe, Asia and North America. We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms: