Public Relations Manager (m/f/d) 100%
A pioneer in scholarly open-access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines.
We operate currently over 400 diverse, peer-reviewed, open-access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available. Besides our main publishing business, we develop and maintain digital platforms and software ranging from scientific exchange platforms to article databases and search engines, all focused on empowering scholars and giving them the best possible product and service. As of the end of 2022, we count more than 6700 colleagues in 17 offices across 11 countries.
To strengthen our Marketing & Communications department, the Public Relations Manager will be in charge of developing and implementing the public relations strategies and working closely with internal stakeholders on promotional opportunities and potential crisis scenarios. The role is a full-time and permanent position based in our city center office in Basel, Switzerland.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Planning, developing and implementing public relations (PR) strategies and campaigns
- Managing enquiries, in collaboration with internal stakeholders, from media, individuals and other organizations
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation
- Upkeep of PR status reports for respective markets and liaison with internal and external stakeholders relevant to these markets
- Collaborating with Marketing and Communications department in relation to content and users on social media sites
- Collaborating with Communications and Design teams on corporate communications including updating digital brochures, promotional videos, and content
- Analyzing media coverage
- Distributing information about new promotional opportunities and current PR campaigns progress
- Representing MDPI at selected interviews and presentations
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Communication, Marketing or similar
5+ years of proved working experience in a similar role, preferably in an international working environment
- Excellent English communication skills both orally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Personal initiative without much mentoring
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Effective internal and external stakeholder management
- Ability to source, brief, and manage external vendors, as needed
- Awareness of different media agendas relative to MDPI and the industry
- Creativity and ability to quickly comprehend complex topics and communicate them in a simple, precise way
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving:
- A motivational letter that briefly describes your motivations for joining MDPI
- A resume including personal information, past education, work experience.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms:
Diversity & Inclusion
MDPI provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, gender identification, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have offices. Thank you for your interest in applying to MDPI. We value diversity and encourage the very best candidates to apply.
About MDPI Switzerland
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 350 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Europe and Asia. We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
Public Relations Manager (m/f/d) 100%
Loading application form