A pioneer in scholarly, open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Based in Basel, Switzerland, MDPI has the mission to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines.
Our 386 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals are supported by more than 115,000 academic experts who support our mission, values, and commitment to providing high-quality service for our authors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is freely available and all content is distributed under a Creative Commons Attribution License (CC BY).
To strengthen our IT team, we are recruiting a Technical SEO Specialist to expand our Product Team for our main website www.mdpi.com; this is a brand new role in the team reporting to the Product Manager. As the Technical SEO Specialist, you will play a key role in monitoring, developing and maintaining on-page SEO, website accessibility and content crawlability.
- Monitor and create opportunities to enhance the crawling, rendering, indexation (by google and google scholar), sitemap and images sitemap, and mobile performance
- Support the use of structured data and the continuous work on accessibility (technical and for visually impaired users)
- Monitor errors and coordinate corrections
- Keep up-to-date with evolving search engine requirements and implementing the technical solutions with the dev team
- Provide expert recommendation to other SEO professionals, web developers, digital marketers, and other specialists to enhance MDPI’s SEO
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, marketing or relevant field, with strong interest in data analysis
- At least 2 years of working experience in technical SEO, preferably for large, high-traffic websites
- Knowledge of technical frontend and web development
- Ability to suggest, describe and coordinate changes to the website
- Experience working with Google Analytics, Google Search Console and page quality measurement solutions
- An understanding of SEO and technical SEO concepts, search data
- Entrepreneurial ability to diagnose web data tracking issues and propose practical and actionable solutions
- Good communication and collaboration skills with stakeholders from different backgrounds
- Ability to produce clear and concise data-driven reports and presentations; ability to simplify advanced statistical concepts for a layman audience
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your complete application. Please submit your cover letter and CV.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Basel office.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms: