A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 360 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
To strengthen our IT team, we are looking for an experienced Project Manager and/or Scrum Master to help structure, organize and coordinate a product delivery team. You will join a fast-paced team in an international environment. The position of IT Project Manager/Scrum Master is a full-time and permanent position based in office in Basel, Switzerland.
As IT Project Manager you will:
- Collaborate with the Product Owner and Tech Lead about the feasibility of ideas, product requirements and technical solutions / limitations
- Define with the Product Owner the short to mid-term product roadmap in terms of IT development and planning activities
- Understand stakeholders’ requirements and assist in translating them into technical specifications
- Estimate or co-ordinate the estimation of the development time and ensure the efficiency of the development phases
- Track and report progress to the Product Owner and to the IT manager
- Team management (talk to developers, plan and assign tasks, analyse the work done, etc.)
- A Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related subject
- At least 5 years of experience in leading Projects, preferably in software/product development
- Solid IT skills and solid understanding of digital products
- Robust experience in software development process methodology (Scrum preferred)
- Excellent written and spoken English skills (able to understand and articulate clearly to non-native English speaking team members)
- Detail oriented with the capacity to see the bigger picture
- Team orientated, proactive approach to identifying and solving problems.
- Able to think outside the box whilst developing creative and innovative solutions
- Previous development experience (nice to have but not essential)
- Previous experience using planning software (Trello, Jira, Confluence or similar - nice to have but not essential)
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your cover letter and CV. We look forward to welcoming you to our Basel office.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms: