To strengthen our IT team, we are looking for an experienced IT Security Engineer, who will be responsible for maintaining and optimizing IT and network security, finding solutions to problematic states, and planning and installing M365 security features. You will join a fast-paced team driving in an international environment.
The position of IT Security Engineer is a full-time and permanent position based in our city center office in Basel, Switzerland.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Maintaining and optimizing IT, network security & backup systems based on service requirements
- Planning, installing and administering M365 security features
- Collaborating with development teams in order to optimize system implementation according to service requirements
- Investigating problematic and defective states to identify root causes and provide optimal possible solutions
- Taking care of the administration of network components like firewalls, routers and switches
- Providing support and solution to IT users (L2/L3 tier)
- Ability to perform basic tasks in Linux servers, e.g. deployment of applications and configuration management
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Computer Science combined with 3+ years professional experience
- Know-how in installing, administering, and troubleshooting security solutions
- Good knowledge in IT security, investigating incidents, patch vulnerability and backup management
- Knowledge of Microsoft 365 security features, as Defender suite, Intune and conditional access
- Experience in ticketing system L2/L3 and troubleshooting operational issues keeping in mind the overall system operation
- Experience in standard open-source applications like databases, application servers, load balancers and proxies
- Recognized certification in IT security would be an asset
- Strong written and spoken English skills
- Able to work independently and proactively
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving:
- A motivational letter that briefly describes your motivations for joining MDPI
- A resume including personal information, past education, work experience
- If available: reference letters and certificates.
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 400 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 66,000 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Switzerland with additional offices in Europe, Asia and North America. We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms: