Talent Acquisition Specialist 100% (m/f/d)
A pioneer in scholarly, open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Based in Basel, Switzerland, MDPI has the mission to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines.
We operate currently over 400 diverse, peer-reviewed, open-access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available. Besides our main publishing business, we develop and maintain digital platforms and software ranging from scientific exchange platforms to article databases and search engines, all focused on empowering scholars and giving them the best possible product and service. As of the end of 2022, we count more than 6700 colleagues in 17 offices across 11 countries.
To strengthen our HR Team in our headquarters in Basel, we are looking for a Talent Acquisition Specialist (m/f/d) 100%. This position is a permanent position located in the city-center of Basel and easy to access by public transport or car. In this exciting role, you will be responsible for the overall recruitment process for the Basel office.
Tasks & Responsibilities:
• Supporting the Line Managers through the entire hiring process including the definition of job descriptions and salary range
• Ensuring the publication of job advertisements on relevant job boards, reviewing and selecting applications according to the job requirement
• Lead professional job interviews in English, evaluating candidates with the Line Managers and communicating the outcome (job offer or rejection) to the applicants
• Coordinating a variety of different and responsible positions in IT Security, HR, Machine Learning, Finance, Editing and Publishing
• Actively proposed new way to attract candidate, including active sourcing, for specialized functions
• Representing the Company’s at job fairs in Switzerland
• Collaborating remotely with other HR colleagues across our European offices (Barcelona, Manchester, Belgrade, Cracow, Cluj) for broader recruitment
• Work in collaboration with the Social Medi Manager to strengthen the Company’s presence on social media
• Contributing to a great company mission in an international, fast-growing environment
• Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Business Management, HR or similar
• 2+ years of proven recruitment experience within an agency or a company
• Fluent English language skills, other languages like German or French are a big plus
• Excellent communication skills, empathy and ease to connect to other people
• Ability to prioritize, organize yourself and work independently
• Willingness to learn and develop yourself and get to know the Open Access Publishing industry
• Interconnected thinking and IT affinity
• Team player and open-minded attitude
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your complete application. Please submit your cover letter and CV.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Basel office.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms:
Diversity & Inclusion
MDPI provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, gender identification, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law in every location in which we have offices. Thank you for your interest in applying to MDPI. We value diversity and encourage the very best candidates to apply.
About MDPI Switzerland
A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 350 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Europe and Asia. We are committed to ensuring that high quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
Talent Acquisition Specialist 100% (m/f/d)
Loading application form