A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 360 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
To further strengthen MDPI’s objective for regulation and quality control of post-publication changes to our scientific journals, we are looking for a Post-Publication Project Coordinator to join our team within the Post-Publication Department.
You will join a fast-paced team in an international environment. The position of Post-Publication Project Coordinator is a full-time and permanent position based in office in Basel, Switzerland.
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Handle the daily running and organization of an internal project management platform (Redmine) to facilitate content updates, including:
- Coordination between Editors and various departments
- Creation and management of project improvements within the platform
- Work closely with the Department Head to coordinate regular workflow process improvements
- Additional project management on a weekly basis (ranging from small to long-term projects)
- Collaboration with the Indexing team for various projects each quarter
- Competency in independent project management, while being a collaborative team player
- Proven strong organizational and time-management skills
- Comfortable working across various departments, including providing direction and feedback
- Experience in preparing and delivering clear and constructive reports
- Capable in creative problem-solving and an interest in process improvements
- Excellent verbal and written command of the English language
- English as mother-tongue is beneficial, though not required
- Knowledge of Redmine (beneficial, but not required)
- Familiarity with the general overview of publication processes (beneficial, though not required)
- knowledge of indexing databases and/or Publons (beneficial, though not required)
Reports to: Head of Post-Publication Department
Start Date: 1 September 2022 (can be earlier)
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your cover letter and CV. We look forward to welcoming you to our Basel office.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms: