A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 360 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
To strengthen our IT team, we are looking for a Product Owner for our MDPI Product SciForum. You will join a fast-paced team driving in an international environment. The position of Product Owner is a full-time and permanent position based in our office in Basel, Switzerland.
As Product Owner you will:
- Focus on user feedback and experience, complete product definition and design according to the characteristics and needs of target users, promote product
- Collaborate closely with the project manager, business stakeholders, engineering, UX and design, marketing, and sales teams in order to deliver the product vision and strategy
- Manage and prioritize the product backlog to make sure that the development team executes according to the product management team’s strategic goals and priorities
- Translate the product roadmap features into well-defined product requirements including features, user stories, and acceptance test criteria
- Create process models, specifications, diagrams, and charts to provide clear instructions to the engineering teams
- Help the product manager identify the most impactful opportunities for improvement and translate them into detailed requirements and specifications
- Develop and maintain appropriate tracking and reporting of product performance to evaluate future investment
- Create and update the product documentation such as user manuals, technical support procedures, FAQs sections, as needed
- Bachelor Degree in Computer Science/ Software Engineering or similar, Masters Degree is a plus
- At least 5 years' experience on technology-powered products or in software industry as either a product owner or business analyst
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills, other language skills such as Chinese are beneficial
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and business stakeholders in a constructive and collaborative relationship
- Experience working in an Agile environment as Product Owner is preferred
- Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment with geographically distributed teams
- Have strong logical and analytical abilities
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your application. Please submit your complete application documents (cover letter and CV).
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms: