A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 360 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
We are looking for a Product Manager with a strong technical background to complement our Product Development team and take responsibility for one of MDPI’s technology products.
As a Product Manager you will play a vital role in the development of the product vision, product roadmap and product strategy. You will work directly with business stakeholders (Scientific Officers, Publishers, Editors), product, engineering, marketing and sales teams to build technology products that fulfill customer needs. This is a unique opportunity to leverage your technical background, academic and publishing industry knowledge and business acumen to increase the quality of published science, maximize the efficiency of the publishing process and make peer-review more objective.
Tasks & Responsibilities
As a Product Manager you will:
• You will define the product vision, strategy and roadmap by collaborating closely with key business stakeholders;
• You will craft and lead high impact initiatives to ensure the success and adoption of the product you are managing;
• You will define and own the core metrics of your product to measure the effects of released features, mapping impact to key business goals;
• You will manage the product roadmap execution together with engineering, design and business development teams to deliver high-quality features with quick time-to-market;
• You will work in an Agile environment and you will continuously review the business needs and refine priorities;
• You will proactively identify and implement product improvements and enhancements;
• You will clearly communicate product vision and strategy, build trusted relationships across the cross-functional team and our network of partners;
• You will help shape the MDPI Technology Products vision and roadmap together with the rest of the product development team.
• Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology or equivalent practical experience, combined with at least four years working on technology-powered products as either a product manager or product owner;
• Entrepreneurial attitude with a strong bias towards action – champion of own product inside organization (previous start-up or entrepreneurship experience is appreciated);
• Experience in a publishing or academic context is appreciated;
• Experience developing product roadmaps, aligning them with business strategy and identifying new market and digitalization trends to explore;
• Ability to see "the big picture" and to think in terms of overall contribution of the product towards the company strategy;
• Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship;
• Experience in working in a multi-cultural environment with geographically distributed teams;
• Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to clearly articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences (fluency in English is a must).
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your complete application. Please
submit your cover letter and CV.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms: