A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 360 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
To support the Publication Ethics department, we are looking for a proactive Research Integrity Specialist (m/f/d) 80-100%. This is a full-time permanent position based in our city-centre office in Basel.
Tasks & responsibilities:
- Evaluating and responding to a variety of ethics issues, including assessment of activities by authors, reviewers, editors, and Special Issues.
- Supporting the assessment, identification and resolution of issues relating to plagiarism, overlap or duplication, conflicts of interest, data manipulation or reproducability, authorship disputes, peer review manipulation and figure manipulation/duplication.
- Providing pathways forward and facilitating the correction of the scientific literature
- Liaising on complex cases or issues across multiple journals and/or involving multiple stakeholders, both internal and external.
- Communicating accurately and dimplomatically, and supporting editorial staff in communication
- Supporting exchange and implementation of best practice with colleagues
- Carrying out background research and presenting findings or making recommendations
- Producing documents, reports and presentations, and supporting the implementation of proposals
- Product development in close liaison with data and AI teams
- Master’s or PhD degree
- Minimum of 2 years proven experience in Research Integrity at a Publishing House
- Familiarity with best practice guidelines and principles of publication ethics as expressed by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE).
- Excellent communication skills in both written and spoken English
- Creative and dynamic team player with excellent interpersonal skills and an eye for details
- Good time management and organization skills
- Possibility to work on site with our team in Basel several times per week
- Capability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and international environment
If you are interested in this job opportunity we are looking forward to receive your complete application documents (CV, diploma, work certificates).