A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 360 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
There is an exciting opportunity for an experienced Public Relations Manager to join international open access publishing house MDPI based in Basel/Manchester. As Public Relations Manager you will focus on creating and maintaining a favorable public image for the MDPI corporate brand, and when needed their journals. Your tasks will include communicating programs, accomplishments and or points of views with external stakeholders and platforms. As part of this work, you will monitor and collect information about MDPI in specific regions, updating internal stakeholders and advising on strategic responses, including how to field questions, pitch stories to the media, and prepare media kits.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Planning, developing and implementing PR strategies and campaigns
- Managing enquiries, in collaboration with internal stakeholders, from media, individuals and other organizations
- Researching, writing and distributing press releases to targeted media
- Managing the PR aspect of a potential crisis situation
- Collaborating with Marketing and Communications department in relation to content and users on social media sites
- Collaborating with Communications and Design teams on corporate communications including updating digital brochures, promotional videos, and content
- Analyzing media coverage
- Distributing information about new promotional opportunities and current PR campaigns progress
- Representing MDPI at selected interviews and presentations
- Bachelor's or Master's Degree in Communication, Marketing or similar
- 4+ years of proved working experience in a similar role, preferably in an international working environment
- Excellent English communication skills both orally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills
- Personal initiative without much mentoring
- Ability to prioritize and plan effectively
- Awareness of different media agendas relative to MDPI and the industry
- Creativity and ability to quickly comprehend complex topics and communicate them in a simple, precise way
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your complete application. Please submit your cover letter and CV. We look forward to welcoming you to our Basel office.