A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 360 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
To strengthen our Team AI, we are looking for a Senior Data Scientist. The position of Senior Data Scientist is a full-time and permanent position based in our city centre office in Basel, Switzerland.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will be responsible for developing, experimenting and creating machine learning, statistics and cutting-edge mathematical algorithms for various applications with a focus on NLP, Graph Machine Learning and Recommender Systems.
You will be also supporting the Team analytics to analyse data and deploy Business Dashboard as a support of the management.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Intersection function between AI and analytical team
- Collaborating with Team Analytics to create dashboards and online reports
- Supporting the AI team to develop API and web-applications in the area of Natural Language Processing
- Developing, optimising and evaluating new Machine Learning and Statistical models
- Finding new approaches and algorithms that solve specific business problems
- Representing the company in e.g. attending conferences, writing scientific articles
- Investigating and comparing research prototypes
- Supervising Master/ Ph.D. students when there are trainees in the team
- Master's degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or Science.
- 5+ years experience in the Data Science field having developed working and useful machine learning applications in a business environment (not academia)
- Ability to create dashboard using Streamlit or Shiny
- Theoretical and technical knowledge of machine learning and deep learning algorithms
- Proficiency in Python, including statistical and machine learning libraries (other languages are a plus, e.g. R).
- Experience with Deep Learning development framework (Pytorch, TensorFlow) is beneficial
- Experience in applying and implementing NLP and Graph Machine Learning is beneficial
- Solid verbal and written communication skills with the ability to articulate, document, share and pursue ideas and results to technical and non-technical audiences (fluency in English is a must)
- Creative team player with a results-oriented mindset
- Analytical thinking
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your complete application. Please submit your cover letter and CV.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Basel office.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms: