A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 360 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
To strengthen our Team AI, we are looking for a Senior Machine Learning Engineer. The position of Senior Machine Learning Engineer is a full-time and permanent position based in our city centre office in Basel, Switzerland.
As a Senior Machine Learning Engineer, you will be responsible for developing, experimenting and creating machine learning, statistics and cutting-edge mathematical algorithms for various applications with a focus on NLP, Graph Machine Learning and Recommender Systems. You will be also responsible for building, deploying, and automating large-scale machine learning, statistical, and mathematical models.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Working in a team with others Machine Learning Engineers with the responsibility to implement production AI-related products in the area of Natural Language Processing
- Collaborating closely within the team of other data scientists, data engineers and software engineers to develop end-to-end machine learning solutions
- Researching and adopting best MLOps practices to design and develop scalable end-to-end machine learning pipelines
- Identifying new opportunities for MDPI AI Products and our machine learning process automation
- Ensuring the automation of code delivery, releasing cycle configuration and CI/CD
- Writing automated unit, integration and functional tests for the features
- Reporting of KPI, trends and advancements to the Management Team
- Master's Degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Physics or Science
- 5+ years of proven professional experience in building and optimizing data or ML pipelines and projects in a business environment (not academia)
- Good programming skills in Python (other languages are a plus e.g. R)
- Experience in REST API development (e.g. Flask, FastAPI, Celery)
- Experience in machine learning model lifecycle (from the development to the deployment)
- Experience with containerization technologies: Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience in the application and implementation of NLP and graph ML is beneficial
- Use MLOps tools to validate, deploy and monitor models using MLflow, Metaflow or similar
- Optimizing big data pipelines, architectures and data sets using Airflow or similar
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your complete application. Please submit your cover letter and CV.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Basel office.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms: https://www.mdpi.com/