A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 350 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Europe, Asia and North America. We are committed to ensuring that high-quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
For our office in Basel we are currently looking for several Product Designers (m/f/d) 80-100% as a full-time and permanent role.
Your main tasks & responsibilities:
- Contribute to the development of a unified design system across multiple digital products (e.g. mdpi.com, journals, sciforum and sciprofiles) defining UI components, style guides and design principles.
- Tight collaboration with our Creative and Brand teams, bringing to life our visual language and standards
- Ensuring smooth proceedings and communication within an international team spreaded across different offices
- Analyze expectations and requirements from different stakeholders like internal and external clients
- Higher educational background in Design or Digital Design (e.g. Bachelor's Degree)
- 3 to 5 years working experience in Product Design, with particular focus on web and mobile web products
- Familiar with the UX spectrum like discovery/exploration, user research, information architecture, user/ A/B testing, user journeys
- Used to working with a data-driven approach having a clear understanding of analytics, KPI’s, metrics and conversion rate optimization
- Fluent English language skills (written, spoken), other languages are beneficial
- Possesses a strong visual design skill-set
- Open-minded, service-oriented and independent way of working