A pioneer in scholarly open access publishing, MDPI has supported academic communities since 1996. Our mission is to foster open scientific exchange in all forms, across all disciplines. We operate more than 350 diverse, peer-reviewed, open access journals supported by over 35,500 academic editors. We serve scholars from around the world to ensure the latest research is openly and broadly available.
MDPI is headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with additional offices in Europe, Asia and North America. We are committed to ensuring that high-quality research is made available as quickly as possible. We also support sustainability projects, with sustainability as a key theme in many journals and through the MDPI Sustainability Foundation.
For our head office in Basel, we are currently looking for an Internal Communications Manager (m/f/d) 80-100%. In this permanent position you will be responsible to build an internal communications strategy, define communication channels, guidelines and ensure the implementation of the strategy. For this role we are looking for someone who has experience collaborating with markets in Asia Pacific. Ideally you have worked in China / for a Chinese employer and possess an understanding of the cultural values and cross-cultural communications.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing of an internal communications strategy, including employee engagement communication and business strategy roll-out
- Collaborating with and expanding current internal communications team
- Using and maintaining existing communications channels and establishing new ones
- Establishing a network of communicators or communication ambassadors across our offices to foster high levels of engagement and information sharing
- Creating internal communication, digital storytelling, and text editing (articles, statements, FAQs etc.) for internal media (newsletter, announcements, profiles, etc.)
- Developing conceptual and strategic materials (presentations, videos, imagery, etc.) for internal projects or strategic initiatives
- Overall editorial responsibility for internal communications
- Providing coaching to leadership team on internal communications and employee engagement, supporting translation of business strategy into employee relevant content
- Academic degree in Communication, Cultural Studies or Business Administration or a comparable qualification
- 5+ years professional experience in communication as well as in the operative business, preferably in an international environment and having vast experience with working in Asia Pacific / for an employer in Asia Pacific, ideally in a technology based or academic industry
- Excellent English language skills (written and spoken), other language skills are beneficial
- Experience in multicultural project teams
- Good organizational and prioritization abilities
- Ability to communicate complex information and editorial Know-How
If you are interested in this position, we look forward to receiving your complete application. Please submit your cover letter and CV. We look forward to welcoming you to our Basel office.
At MDPI, we develop and maintain various platforms in order to better serve the scientific community. Please find here-below a list of our main platforms: